HOW TO PREPARE & Apply for The DFPC FIREFIGHTER SAFETY AND DISEASE PREVENTION GRANT (fsDPG) funding
1. On or after January 1, 2015, go to http://dfpc.state.co.us , click on the Apply for Firefighter Safety and Disease Prevention Grant.
2. Read through the FDPSG Scoring Tool to determine if your project is eligible and a priority.
3. Prepare your grant application utilizing the guidance below.
4. Work on your narratives. You can save your narratives in a word processing document so you can copy/paste into the grant application when it becomes available (January 1, 2015 – January 30, 2015), but be careful not to use any special characters, bullets or tables. Provide good detail but don’t overload your reviewers with extraneous details.
Required Narratives must include:
1. Brief Description of Organization
2. How the requested equipment and or training will increase operational readiness and impact day to day operations.
3. Detailed description of other efforts you have made to try and obtain funding for your requested equipment.
a. Provide detail on current equipment to be replaced (age, condition, repairs, and maintenance) or new equipment that has not previously been attainable. Attach photographs if available and helpful to explain your need or display your current equipment
b. NFPA Standard Year of Manufacture (if available) on equipment to be replaced.
c. Provide your organization financial information for the past 3 years (2012, 2013, 2014):
1. Department Budget Total
6. Facilities Upkeep
7. Capital Expenditures
d. Provide information regarding funding streams (Percentage of each totaling 100%):
5. Cash-funded Programs (Permitting, Wildland, EMS)
e. Provide 3 years (2011, 2012, 2013) of response run numbers for :
1. Structure Fires
2. EMS Calls
3. Vehicle Fires
4. Mutual Aid/Auto Aid Given
5. Mutual Aid/Auto Aid Received
6. Brush/Wildland Fires
7. Auto Accidents
8. Auto Accidents with Extrication
9. Hazardous Materials Responses
10. Technical Rescue
11. Other (False Alarms, Good intent Service calls etc.)
f. Number, type and seat belted riding position of all apparatus (i.e. 2 Pumpers-4 riding positions each)
g. Department contact information.
h. Jurisdiction size in square miles.
i. Number of staff (Career, Volunteer, Paid on-call)
Double check and verify everything in your application is like you want it. Print it out and give it and the scoring tool to someone else to review. See what score they give you (out of 50). Refine your application based on their comments.
* Regional applications should only be used for air trailer requests, regionally placed (centralized) compressor with cascade systems and SCBA face-piece fit testing equipment. All other applications must be submitted by individual departments so each application can be evaluated on its own merits and specific information regarding the requesting agency can be assessed.
* Submit your application before 5 PM (MST) on Friday, January 30, 2014.
* Applications received after 5 PM on January 30, 2015 WILL NOT be reviewed under any circumstances.