Guidelines and Practical Checklist
Important Proctor Reminders
- Pursuant to the Colorado Division of Fire Prevention & Control Practical Examination Proctor Guidelines: Proctors and Assistant Proctors shall not be used as evaluators for skill test areas that they instructed to the candidates of that particular test.
- Proctors and Assistant Proctors are required to hold a valid Colorado certification at or above the level of practical examination they are proctoring.
- Proctors must return testing materials to the Division of Fire Prevention & Control within 24 hours of the examination date, unless other arrangements have been approved by the Division of Fire Prevention & Control.
- PROCTORS MAY NOT REPRODUCE, DUPLICATE, OR COPY TESTING MATERIALS. Any certification issued by the Division, including Proctor certification, may be denied, suspended, summarily suspended, revoked, or limited, for good cause in accordance with the Administrative Procedures Act, C.R.S. 24-4-101 et seq., as amended. Refer to Section 7, Proceedings Pursuant to Denial, Revocation, Suspension, Annulment, Limitation or Modification of Certification, in the Firefighter Rules for additional information.
Important Reminders for Practicals
Once the Practical is complete, please remember to follow these steps when filling out the scantron form:
- The proctor must shade the “P” in "Practical" in the process box.
- The proctor must either shade the “P” in "Pass", if the applicant passed, or shade the “F” in "Fail" if the applicant failed.
- The proctor must also mark certification level desired and type.
Unfortunately, if the scantron is not filled out correctly, the practical will be rejected by our scantron machine.
The Division of Fire Prevention & Control has designated regional proctor corrdinators to assist in the administration of state certification written and practical proctor classes. Certified proctors and local fire departments may contact these individuals for scheduling and future class opoorutnities.
Regional Proctor Contact List
Proctor Class Presentation
The following Proctor Class Power Point Presentation has been developed by the Colorado Fire Training Officers Association. Please use this tool as a Proctor Class refresher.
You must apply for renewal during the three (3) month period before, or the three (3) month period after your expiration date. An “Application and Request for Examination” form must be used to process your renewal. When submitting your application, hand-write "Proctor Renewal" and your proctor number in the top right hand corner of the scantron form. The fee for renewal of Written Proctor certification is the same as for renewal of any other level of certification through the Division of Fire Prevention & Control.
For more information on proctor renewal, please go to page 31 of the Certification Policy and Procedure Manual.